Monday, April 28, 2008

Best Free Anti-virus Anti-spyware I Use

From my other blog, dated 110507



They can't set up us the bomb


Here's a list of anti-malware products I use: (thanks to Speedguide.net for the information; I first learned of Spyware Blaster from them)

Avast! 4 Home Edition

A-Squared Free

Spybot Search and Destroy

Spyware Blaster

The last is pre-emptive software; it doesn't clean spyware, it prevents them from infecting your PC. If it's your first time using them, I suggest you update the above, scan consecutively with all four, and then install the last one.

As with nearly all software (if not all) I suggest you disable their automatic updates and do updates manually every two days or every week. (I check for updates for AVG and A-squared everyday, Spyware Blaster every three weeks, the rest every week.) Automatic updates slow down your computer.

0 comments: